Forest Park Public Library is running under the Library Express service model. This means we are welcoming the public into the Library for 30 minute walk-in sessions as well as continuing a variety of virtual services.
Monday-Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm
Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 1 – 5 pm
Library Express Services include:
- Walk-in access for browsing and checkout of Library items.
- Self-service holds pick up
- Drop in access to computer sessions once a day
- Drop in access to printing, scanning, and copying
- Mobile Printing & Next Day Mobile Print Pick Up
- Basic assistance with Library cards and reference
What’s Not Available
- Hanging out in the Library
- Faxing (See alternative faxing locations)
- Using a meeting or study room
- Bringing a device into the Library to use WiFi
- Kids under 12 years old using the Library on their own
- Attend in-person programs
- One-on-one computer or tech assistance
- Test proctoring
- Phone & email assistance
- One-on-One Virtual Tech Assistance
- Sign Up for a Library card
- Book recommendations
- Virtual events
- Place holds on items for self service pick up
- FPPL TV
- Downloadable & Streaming Content
- Online Learning & Research Platforms
For Your Safety
- If you feel unwell, we ask that you not visit in person.
- We ask patrons to limit daily visits to one time per day for 30 minutes.
- All patrons over two years old will be required to wear a face mask.
- While visiting, practice good hygiene such as hand-washing and avoiding touching your face.
- A staff member at the entrance will be in charge of limiting building capacity. You may need to wait until another patron leaves before you can enter.
- Plexiglass dividers will be in place at transaction points.
- Social distancing of six feet will be expected.
- No “over-the-shoulder” help will be available from staff.
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
- No one under the age of 12 will be able to enter the Library without a parent, guardian, or responsible caretaker.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family unit at a time.
- Restrooms are limited to use by Library staff and patrons at a capacity of two people or one family unit at a time.
- The number of computers will be limited and sessions will be 30 minutes in length.
Ways to Limit Your Time in the Library
We understand that many feel uncomfortable visiting the Library at this time. Here are some of things we can offer to help:
- All Library items automatically renew up to two times if there is no hold on the item.
- All FPPL items will not accrue fines due to our Fine Free for Now program.
- Library staff members are happy to put together a collection of books or other items for you to check out so you don’t have to come in and browse. Fill out this form to tell us what you are looking for.
- The Library’s WiFi is available outside the building with no password.
- We are offering next day mobile printing pick up service.
- The Library has a variety of virtual events happening for all ages.
Questions or comments? Please email us at email@example.com or call 708-366-7171.