In the Limited In-Person Service model, the Library offers drop-in computer sessions, drop-in copy machine use (copy, print, and scan), browsing and check out of Library items, and Library card account services. We will continue to offer Vestibule Pick Up Service of Library items, phone and email service, and next day mobile print pick up. Patrons are asked to keep their visits brief, to 30 minutes. Come in to browse, use a computer, or check out books and movies.
Monday-Friday: 11 am-6 pm
Saturday: 10 am-4 pm
Sunday: 1-4 pm
If you have questions, please reach out at 708-366-7171 or email us at email@example.com.
New Safety Requirements
- If you feel unwell, we ask that you not visit in person.
- All patrons over 2 years old will be required to wear a face mask.
- While visiting, practice good hygiene such as hand-washing and avoiding touching your face.
- A staff member at the entrance will be in charge of limiting building capacity. You may need to wait until another patron leaves before you can enter.
- Plexiglass dividers will be in place at transaction points.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be expected.
- No “over-the-shoulder” help will be available from staff.
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
We will continuously evaluate our ability to maintain a safe, healthy environment for staff and patrons. These expectations are subject to change as needed.
- Building capacity of 41 people at a time including staff. This number may increase or decrease based on state guidance and patron demand.
- Each patron will be allowed in the building for 30 minutes.
- No one under the age of 12 will be able to enter the Library without a parent, guardian, or responsible caretaker.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Elevators are limited to 1 person/family at a time.
- Restrooms are limited to 2 people or one family at a time.
- The number of computers will be limited and sessions will be 30 minutes in length.
- Toys and games in the Youth Services area are currently unavailable.
- Meeting and study rooms will be unavailable.
- Patrons will not be allowed to study or hang out in the Library to limit exposure and contact.
Computer & Copy Machine Use
Computer use is available first-come, first-served. There will be less computers available to allow for social distancing. Computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes, but may be extended if no one is waiting. In-person tech assistance will not be available.
The copy machine on both levels will be available for use. The main level copy machine offers print on demand, scanning, and copying. The copy machine on the lower level is available for print on demand, copying, and scanning. Assistance is not available. Faxing is unavailable. See a list of fax site alternatives here.
Check Outs, Returns, & Holds
- The Library will be open for browsing and check out at this time, we ask patrons to check items out and bring them home for reading. Magazines and newspapers will be available for checkout but not for in-house reading.
- We will continue to offer the low contact Vestibule Pick Up for Library items.
- All items must be returned in the Book Drop except large Outreach Kits which do not fit. Please return these items to a staff member during open hours.
- The Library is going Fine Free for Now. Find out more about this temporary program here.
- All returned Library items will be quarantined. Read about our Quarantine Plan here.
- Once you return an item, you may see it on your account for up to 7 days. Items won’t be checked in until they are quarantined. No fines will be accrued for these items.
- Self Checkout machines are available on both floors.
- Library cards can be applied for over the phone with the help of staff, or online at fppl.org/library-cards. If you choose to apply for a card remotely, we will send your physical library card in the mail.
- All Library cards expiring in 2020 will be automatically renewed.
- If you have questions about your account, please call the Library at 708-366-7171.
Ways to Limit Your Time in the Library
We understand that many feel uncomfortable visiting the Library at this time. Here are some of things we can offer to help:
- All Library items automatically renew up to 2 times if there is no hold on the item.
- All FPPL items will not accrue fines during the new, temporary program called Fine Free for Now.
- Library staff members are happy to put together a collection of books or other items for you to check out so you don’t have to come in and browse. Fill out this form to tell us what you are looking for.
- If a family member or friend is available to pick up your holds, they can do so. It’s best if you call ahead and add them to your account.
- The Library’s WiFi is available outside the building with no password.
- We are offering next day mobile printing pick up service.
- The Library has a variety of virtual events happening for all ages.
Other Ways to Enjoy the Library from Home
- Virtual Programming
- FPPL TV: replays of virtual content and other Library videos
- Streaming & Downloadable Content
- Online Learning & Research
For a detailed FAQ, please go here.
Questions or comments? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-366-7171.