Beginning Wednesday, November 18, the Forest Park Public Library will move into the Essential Service Model. This means the building will be closed to browsing and drop-in computer use.
Essential Service means:
- Vestibule Pick Up Service
- Virtual Assistance by phone or email
- Virtual programs
- Computer Sessions by appointment
- Drop-in copy/scanning session
- Virtual Social Work appointments
- Custom book recommendations
The decision to enter the Essential Service Model was made by the Board of Trustees under the guidance of the Illinois Department of Public Health and other agencies. The closure is intended to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus to keep our community and staff safe.
Other services that will continue include:
- Virtual Library Cards
- Fine Free for Now program
- Access to thousands of downloadable and streaming ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines.
- Access to learning and research platforms anytime
- WiFi is available outside of the Library 24/7
- The Book Drop will remain open
During the last year, we have been working hard to adapt our services for safety for our community and staff. We appreciate your continued support and flexibility. Remember, your Library is more than a building, we are still here to help.
Stay up-to-date with the Library on Facebook or Instagram, signing up for the e-newsletter, by phone (708-366-7171), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.