Welcome to the Forest Park Public Library Summer Challenge! We are challenging you to have some fun in June and July.
Each day (or some days) select an activity and complete it. Write your activity of choice or its number in the square and add a star. (You can repeat activities.) For every five completed days, you will earn a ticket to enter the summer prize drawing. While we are encouraging you to participate every day, just do your best!
There is another option to earn tickets.You can share online with other Challenge participants through the FPPL Summer Challenge Padlet. Padlet is an online tool that will allow you to share photos, links, and comments. This tool is easy to access and does not require registration. For each entry, you will receive one ticket. Just be sure to include your name. (If you need assistance or have concerns about participating, please contact us at readingchallenge@fppl.
Throughout the summer, we will also send you an email with info about what’s happening at the Library along with challenge encouragement, reading recommendations, and more.
Challenge logs must be turned in by Friday, August 5 to be entered into the drawing. They can be returned in person to the Library or emailed to readingchallenge@fppl.
We will be drawing multiple winners. The winners will get to choose a $50 gift card to a local Forest Park business.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to readingchallenge@fppl.
You can also find full more details about events, the kids reading program, and more at fppl.org/summer.
- Visit the Library
- Get a Library card
- Check out a Library book, audiobook, etc.
- Check out a gadget from the Library
- Explore a Library online resource
- Participate in a Library program
- Turn your screens and devices off for an hour or more
- Go for a walk outside
- Have a conversation with someone new
- Read a book for 20 minutes
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a book from the summer reading list
- Read a mystery novel
- Read a book by a Black author
- Take part in a PRIDE event
- Try out a free Library app
- Read a newspaper article with PressReader
- Check out the Forest Park Review edition from your birthday through the digital archive
- Donate to the Little Free Pantry
- Celebrate Juneteenth by attending an event
- Find a few of your favorite authors on social media and “like” or “follow” them
- Smell a flower
- Check out a Museum Pass through the Library and explore Chicagoland
- Take a relaxing nap
- Breathe deeply and count your exhales for five breaths
- Window shop down Madison Street
- Attend an outdoor movie at the Park District
- Grab a new bookmark at the Library
- Make kindness a habit. Do something small for someone else.
- Smile and say hello to a neighbor
- Connect with an old (or new) friend
- Learn about composting or start this practice
- Plant a seed
- Thank someone who deserves it!
- Adopt or appreciate your pet
- Appreciate your life
- Take a dip in the Forest Park pool
- Go to one of the Village’s Groovin’ in the Grove concerts
- Watch fireworks explode on the 4th