The Youth Services department has volunteer opportunities for kids ages 10 and up. They can be long-term volunteers who come in regularly to fulfill school service hours, temporary volunteers who want to help with the occasional library program, or anything in-between.
Examples of regular volunteer tasks:
- Assist Youth Services staff with programs (keeping time, distributing materials, etc.)
- Assemble Make-and-Take Kits
- Organize board books and DVDs
- Assist with craft supplies inventory
- Help with displays and peer reader recommendations
- Participate in the Middle Grade Advisory Club (starting mid-September)
- The volunteer is responsible for signing themselves in and out.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during volunteer time except in emergencies.
- Headphones should not be used during volunteer time unless approved by a staff member.
- Socializing is not appropriate during volunteer time.
- A volunteer is always respectful of staff members and peers.
- Always call as soon as you know if you will not be able to come when scheduled.
- If a volunteer does not fulfill their responsibilities, feedback will be given. If the correction is not made or the volunteer repeatedly violates the responsibilities, they may not be called to volunteer again.
You can fill out the YS Volunteer Application form in person, download and print the PDF to fill out and hand in, or complete this Google Form.
If you have any questions, you can contact Mia Manansala, the YS Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in non-library volunteer opportunities that you can do solo or as a family, check this list: Remote Volunteer Opportunities & Ideas