As students prepare to head back to school, there is one essential school supply that requires no shopping and doesn’t cost a penny – it’s a library card.
This September, Forest Park Public Library (FPPL) is joining with the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide for Library Card Sign-up Month, to encourage community members to obtain a free library card that will save them money while reaping rewards in academic achievement and lifelong learning.
While our services are limited right now, the Library can still offer a variety of useful and entertaining resources to the community.
- Streaming Content: ebooks, movies, music, magazines, audiobooks, & more
- Online Learning: language learning, business research, consumer research, genealogy, & more
- Books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, WiFi Hotspots, STEAM Kits, and more
- Access to technology (computers, printing, scanning, WiFi, etc.)
- Assistance from Library staff to answer questions and connect to resources
How You Can Celebrate National Library Card Sign-Up Month
Get a Library Card
It’s easier than ever for any Forest Park Public Library resident to get a library card.
- Sign up online
- Sign up by phone: 708-366-7171
- Sign up in person: 7555 Jackson Blvd
Take a photo of you or a family member with your library card. Submit your photo here or email email@example.com to be entered into the drawing to win a local business gift card. All ages welcome. Submissions are due Wednesday, September 30. Winners will be contacted by October 2.
Download the template and use your creativity to design a library card. (Or pick up a print out of the template at the library.) Scan or take a photo of your creation and submit it here or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All ages welcome. Submissions are due Wednesday, September 30. Winners will be contacted by October 2.
Print out this sign or pick one up at the library to display at your home. Click on the image to download.