The world can seem overwhelming right now. But everyone can take small steps to support our community and make it better. Check out some ideas below to become a more informed citizen and help Forest Park.
- Support the new community organization Forest Park Against Racism but purchasing a shirt from the fundraiser. Be sure to follow the group on social media to learn more.
- Keep Forest Park clean but helping to clean up litter. Track the litter and join in the community effort with the Literati app. Stay up to date on this community effort on Facebook here.
- Wear a mask!
- Wave at a neighbor and say hello!
- Donate food to the Forest Park Food Pantry and/or the Little Free Pantry in front of the Library.
- Drop off a book at one of the local Little Free Libraries. See map.
- Follow the Village of Forest Park on Facebook or sign up for the e-newsletter to stay informed.
- Fill out the Census.
- Register to vote.
- Donate supplies to local organizations like Housing Forward, Sarah’s Inn, or Beyond Hunger.
- Get a Library Card.
- Show your support for the Forest park business community by supporting the Chamber of Commerce. Buy a sign to display or purchase other merch.
- Subscribe to Forest Park’s local newspaper the Forest Park Review.
- Be kind in person and online.