There are so many great organizations in the area who are doing exceptional work to help our community through the COVID-19 crisis. Many could use assistance to continue helping. If you are able to provide help, check out what is needed by each organization.
This organization provides hunger-relief programming and services to 13 zip codes in and around Chicago.
1. Donate to the Emergency Fund
2. Host a Virtual Food Drive
3. Follow and support on social mediaDuring the shelter in place order we are not accepting in-kind food donations. Please stay safe at home and limit your travel to essential trips.
This organization works to help adults and families dealing with homelessness and housing issues.
1. Donate to the Emergency FundInfo about volunteering.
2. Contact Enid Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-338-1724 ext 220
3. Purchase supplies from Amazon Prime and have them delivered
4. Donations of medical gloves, medical face masks, women’s and men’s underwear- assorted sizes, Isopropyl alcohol, bleach, paper towels, toilet paper, and prepackaged Grab & Go meals, snacks, and bottled water.
5. Follow, share, and support on social media
New Moms has served the Chicagoland area since 1983 by providing long-term assistance to struggling teen parents who are pregnant or parenting. This organization assists hundreds of families each year.
1. Send Food Directly to Families in Need through Amazon Food Pantry
2. Purchase items for Families in Need through the Amazon Essentials Registry
3. Shop the New Mom StoreHonor a Mom for Mother’s Day with a special card and donation
4. Follow and support on social media
This organization works to improve the lives of those affected by domestic violence and to break the cycle of violence for future generations.
1. Donate canned goods especially soup. Drop off on Fridays from 8 am-12 pm at 1547 Circle Avenue in Forest Park.
2. Donate gift cards to Target, Jewel, Walmart, and Walgreens.
3. Reach out to Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator Mark Tisdahl at email@example.com.
If there are other organizations that you would like us to add, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in need of resources or help, check out our Forest Park Community Resources Guide or reach out to get resource recommendations at email@example.com or call 708-36607171 Monday-Friday 11 am-5 pm.