When the Library reopens for vestibule pick up, we will be operating under a new initiative with SWAN called Fine Free for Now.
Fine Free for Now Strategy
- No fines charged for any material that is checked out at the Forest Park Public Library.
- Library cards will be blocked when an item checked out at FPPL is 21 days overdue. When items are checked in, that block is immediately removed.
- All overdue materials will be automatically billed after an item is overdue for 42 days.
- All items will now circulate for 3 weeks and have 2 renewal periods.
- Patrons will receive their first overdue notice at 7 days overdue prior to being blocked at 21 days.
Auto-renewals will function in the same way. If there is a hold on the item, it will not renew.
How long will this last?
We don’t know. At this time we intend to do this for the foreseeable future. When the initiative ends, we will give patrons plenty of warning.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 708-366-7171.