Vestibule Pick Up will begin Wednesday, June 3.
We will pull items for Forest Park Public Library cardholders to pick up in our lobby from staff members.
Step 1: Place holds on items.
You can do this online by signing into you online account here or you can call us at 708-366-7171.
Need recommendations? If you just want a bunch of train books or a fun cozy mystery, we can help find great books, audiobooks, music, or DVDs for you. Fill out this form.
Step 2: Staff will pull your holds and call you to pick them up.
Library staff members will pull your items and call you to let you know when they are ready to pick up. Do not come to the Library until you receive a call from us. We do not anticipate this taking more than a day to fill holds. We appreciate your patience. For everyone’s safety, a limited number of staff are in the building at any time. Services may take a little longer than usual.
Step 3: Staff will notify you that you have 7 days to pick up holds.
Once you receive a call from staff, you will have 7 days to pick up holds from the Library.
The Library will be open:
Monday-Friday: 11 am-6 pm
Saturday: 10 am-4 pm
Sunday: 1-4 pm
These hours are subject to change.
Step 4: Wait outside the Library to pick up items from the vestibule.
Patrons will be asked to wait in a socially distant line with designated marks and enter the vestibule one at a time at the direction of the staff. Staff will check items out ahead of time. You will need to show your library card or an ID.
Things to Note
- Please have your library card or ID ready.
- Please wear a mask in public places as directed by the Village of Forest Park.
- If possible, please use one card per family to place items on hold.
- Please bring your own bag(s) to hold items. During this time, the Library will not be supplying bags or assisting with bagging items.
- All items will now be checked out for 3 weeks and will not accrue fines. More information about the temporary Fines Free for Now program here.
- We can only pull items from the FPPL collection at this time. Interlibrary Loan from other libraries has been suspended temporarily.
- Only FPPL cardholders are able to check books out from the Forest Park Public Library.
- Please return all items to the Book Drop which is open 24 hours a day.
- If you have fines that need to be paid from previous check outs, you can go online here. We will not accept payment in person.
- All items (except large outreach kits) should be returned in the Book Drop outside of the Library. Staff will not be accepting returns due to health concerns.
- Outreach Kits that do not fit in the Drop Box will initially be renewed for an extra three weeks beyond June 3. They can only be returned during vestibule pick up hours.
- Items will be quarantined before they enter circulation again. See our full Library Item Quarantine Plan here.
- At this time, the Library will not be offering any other in-person services.