Patrons can pick up Library items with low contact Vestibule Pick Up.
We can pull items from the Forest Park Public Library’s collection. You can also put a hold on an item from another library in our consortium and have it delivered to FPPL. When you items are ready, you can pick them up from the Library’s Vestibule during open hours.
Need recommendations? If you just want a bunch of train books or a fun cozy mystery, we can help find great books, audiobooks, music, or DVDs for you. Fill out this form.
Step 2: Your holds will be pulled or delivered.
Library staff will pull your items from the Library’s collection. Or, your items will be delivered from another Library in our consortium. The Library’s consortium is made up of 100 libraries in the Chicagoland area which gives you access to thousands of items.
Step 3: You will be notified when your library materials are available for pick up. You will have 7 days to pick up holds.
Once you receive your designated notification (phone, text, email), you will have 7 days to pick up holds from the Library.
Do not come to the Library until you receive a notification. We appreciate your patience. For everyone’s safety, a limited number of staff are in the building at any time. Services may take a little longer than usual.
The Library will be open:
Monday-Friday: 11 am-6 pm
Saturday: 10 am-4 pm
Sunday: 1-4 pm
These hours are subject to change.
Step 4: Wait outside the Library to pick up items from the vestibule.
Patrons will be asked to wait in a socially distant line with designated marks and enter the vestibule one at a time at the direction of the staff. Staff will check items out ahead of time. You will need to show your library card or an ID.
Things to Note
- Please have your library card or ID ready.
- Please wear a mask at all times in public places as directed by the Village of Forest Park.
- If possible, please use one card per family to place items on hold.
- Please bring your own bag(s) to hold items. During this time, the Library will not be supplying bags or assisting with bagging items.
- All items will now be checked out for 3 weeks and will not accrue fines. More information about the temporary Fines Free for Now program here.
- If you have fines that need to be paid from previous check outs, you can go online here. We will not accept payment in person.
- All items (except large outreach kits) should be returned in the Book Drop outside of the Library. Staff will not be accepting returns due to health concerns.
- Items will be quarantined before they enter circulation again. See our full Library Item Quarantine Plan here.