Beginning Wednesday, June 3, the Forest Park Public Library will be offering Vestibule Pick Up of items. We are happy to offer this service but it will be different from our regular hold pick up system in order to provide safety measures for staff and the community.
Pick up will be available Monday through Friday 11 am -6 pm, Saturday 10 am-4 pm, and Sunday 1-4 pm.
Patrons will be able to put holds on items online or by phone at 708-366-7171. Once you put your hold on items, please wait until you receive a call from us to come and pick up your items. It should not take more than one to two days to be ready if items are on-shelf, but we ask that you not come to the Library until you have received a call. Items will be on hold for 7 days following the call.
We will only be able to pull items from the Forest Park Public Library collection at this time. Interlibrary loan services are not currently available to us. Only Forest Park Public Library cardholders will be able to pick up items from the Forest Park Public Library and Forest Park Public Library cardholders will not be able to pick up items from other libraries.
At this time, patrons will not be able to browse for items in person, use computers or the printer, or enter the Library beyond the vestibule. Restrooms will not be available. If you need recommendations for items, please go here.
- Patrons will be asked to wait in a socially distant line with designated marks and enter the vestibule one at a time at the direction of the staff.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask as directed by the Village of Forest Park.
- Please have your ID or Library card ready to show staff. Items will be checked out ahead of time.
- If possible, please use one card per family to place items on hold.
- All cards will have unlimited holds and check outs.
- Please bring your own bag to hold items. During this time, the Library will not be supplying bags and we are unable to assist patrons in bagging their items.
- At this time, no other in-person services will be offered. Please check out all the virtual services available here.
- Going forward, all items checked out will be a part of the Fines Free for Now program.
- If you have fines that need to be paid from previous check outs, you can go online here. We will not accept payment in person. If you are having issues paying fines, please call us at 708-366-7171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All items (except large outreach kits) should be returned in the Book Drop outside of the Library. Staff will not be accepting returns due to health concerns.
- Outreach Kits that do not fit in the Drop Box will initially be renewed for an extra three weeks beyond June 3. They can only be returned during vestibule pick up hours.
- Items will be quarantined before they enter circulation again. See our full Library Item Quarantine Plan here.
Patrons who had items on hold before the Library closed will be able to pick those items up beginning Wednesday, June 3. All items will be on hold for 7 days following this date.
We are opening this service with safety in mind. A small number of staff will be scheduled with minimal contact between staff members. In addition, we are working diligently on prospective reopening plans. These plans are based on directives from the State of Illinois and the CDC.
We appreciate your support and patience as we navigate this new way of serving the community. As we learn more and get more information, this service could change. Please stay up-to-date by following the Library on Facebook or sign up for the Library e-newsletter.