June 1-July 31
Kids ages 0-12 can pick up a summer reading log at the Youth Services Desk or start logging at home with our online reading log: fppl.beanstack.com. You can register online on your own or at the library.
Color in a space for every day your family reads during the summer. Completed games should be turned in to the Youth Services Desk by Wednesday, July 31 to be eligible for the grand prize drawing.
Team FPPL MVPs can earn free spaces by attending any summer library activity over the summer (including storytimes) or completing a Talk, Play, Read, Write, Sing Challenge below:
• Sing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” or teach your kids your favorite team song.
• Read a book about sports, games, or teamwork.
• Plan out your own obstacle course at home.
• Make up new rules to a board game you have at home and play it.
• Get a kids’ yoga book or CD to try as a family.
• Draw team uniforms or pennants for your family team.
• Teach your child a game you enjoyed playing as a child.
• Turn a walk into a color or counting scavenger hunt challenge.
• Help your child make a crayon or chalk maze.
• Try a seek-and-find book (we shelve ours under SEEK in picture books)
Looking for an extra challenge? Register online at fppl.beanstack.org or on the free Beanstack Tracker app (iOS and Android) to track your progress for chances to earn bonus badges, free books, and an invitation to the library’s back-to-school bowling party. Want reading recommendations? Click here to get book recs for pre-readers through 6th grade.