At Your Library > Borrowing and Renewing
Placing your own requests and renewing materials online is fast and easy. Just follow the instructions below.
Log Into Your Account
- In the SWAN library catalog , click on “My Account.”
- Enter your full name, 14-digit barcode that appears on your library card, and PIN. If this is the first time you’ve entered a PIN, you will see a screen requesting your PIN twice. You can choose any combination of letters, numbers, or characters up to 30 characters long.
- Click on “Submit” to view your account.
Requesting Books, Movies & Music
- Search the SWAN library catalog for the item.
- When you find the item you want, click the “Request” button. If you are not already logged into your account, you will be prompted to do so.
- You will see a screen confirming your request, and you will be notified when the item arrives.
- Log in to “My Account.”
- You will see a link marked “Items currently checked out” with the number of items you have checked out. Click the link to view the materials you have checked out.
- Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes in the RENEW column and then click the “Renew Selected” button. If you want to renew everything you have checked out, click the “Renew ALL” button.
- If you cannot renew items, a message will appear in the “status” column. If you are successful, a new due date will appear in the “STATUS” column. Always check the STATUS column for information on the success or failure of your renewal.
- Books and CDs can also be renewed in person or over the phone.
- Please note that materials can only be renewed one time, and only if they are not being requested (on hold) for another patron. DVDs and brand new items (with a red dot on the spine) cannot be renewed. Items cannot be renewed by patrons who exceed our threshold for fines ($5.00).
Looking for more information on how long you can keep certain items, how many items you can check out, and fines assessed for overdue or missing materials?